Introduction to Herbal Medicine – Full Day Workshop
Workshop Dates :
A local workshop in the haute vallée d’Aude, around the Quillan area. This workshop is available 4 times a year (Spring/April, Summer/June, Autumn/September and Winter/February). Each workshop is held on the fourth Friday of the month. Please select your preferred month/season above.
- Winter – Next Workshop February 2023
- Spring – Next Workshop April 2023
- Summer – Next Workshop June 2023
- Autumn – Friday, 23rd September 2022
This workshop varies depending on time of year. For example, summer walks are earlier. Winter walks may be later. Accordingly, lunch may be indoors. Suggested example of a half day itinerary below.
9.30 am – Meet and Greet – Introductions
9.45 am – Introduction to Herbal Medicine
10.00 am – Tasting Sessions, Herb Lecture, Discussions and Questions
11.00 am – 60-90 minute Herb Walk** – Minimum of 12 medicinals identified. Walk includes something for everyone.
- basic botany to aid future identification
- folkloric, spiritual or traditional plant uses
- modern medicinal uses and research
12.30 pm – Break for Lunch. Weather permitting, normally a picnic lunch.***
1.45 pm – Tasting Session and Discussion
2.15 pm – Product Preparation – typically this will depend on the earlier format, length of walk and time of year. In some cases we may collect some plants from the walk to utilise. A practical session.
4.30 pm – Time for round up of the day and final questions.
* I prefer to work with a small number of participants. Working with smaller groups benefits all participants. However, if 4-6 places are required for a group of friends or family, please email for a discount code to enter at checkout. Group bookings over 6 are considered in some situations. Format for workshops for a group booking may be adapted to group preferences, where possible. Courses for solo participants are available. For solo or larger group bookings, please email.
*** Choice of bringing a dish to share between all participants. Some people, with particular dietary requirements, prefer to bring their own. Therefore, lunch requirements are agreed after booking, in advance of the workshop. A prepared group lunch is available, at additional cost, for participants booking together.
Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear for the time of year for the walk. A bottle of water is always recommended, whatever time of year. Full details will be provided after booking.
Unable to attend in person ? Check out the Online version or Virtual Walk.
Five Star Testimonial Reviews – Introduction to Herbal Medicine Full Day Workshop
What an enjoyable way to spend a day!
I learned a lot even before the best bit (for me) which was the Herbal Walk. Nicole has so much enthusiasm and knowledge for her subject that the time passed too quickly and it was suddenly lunch time. The picnic lunch included two or three salads, cheeses, bougerache, hummus, bread and was totally delicious. The day finished with us actually making a herb vinegar and a healing oil to take away.
A great day – thankyou Nicole!
It was a lovely day, Nicole, thank you so much. I learned such a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed the walk and the delicious lunch. I keep spotting Lamiaceae now that I know what to look for!